Introduction to Lean in Healthcare:
Putting It to Work in Your Healthcare Organization
An exciting one-day course including instruction in the philosophies of continuous improvement and how it can be applied within Healthcare settings. Additional topics include the seven wastes and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques. The class provides an excellent foundation for Healthcare organizations beginning a continuous improvement program and contains many specific improvement ideas that attendees can take away. This course is designed to both inform and inspire individuals about the benefits of unleashing the power of continuous improvement within their organization.
After taking this class attendees should be able to:
- Identify waste in their own job and area of responsibility
- Use simple reliable methods such as 5S to improve their work areas and processes
- Describe the relationship between continuous improvement and improved quality, cost, delivery of care while improving patient and staff satisfaction
- Explain why people are the secret to successful continuous improvement programs
Who should attend?
This introductory course has something for everyone and is appropriate for all levels and areas within the organization. It is especially relevant for employees seeking a basic understanding of lean principles or those in need of a refresher course in the fundamentals of waste identification and appropriate countermeasures or tools.
- Why Continuous Improvement in Healthcare?
- What Is Continuous Improvement (CI) and how does it differ from what you are doing now?
- The Continuous Improvement Philosophies (or Guiding Principles)
- The Continuous Improvement Learning Model
- Benefits of Continuous Improvement
- The Seven Wastes
- An Introduction to Reliable Methods as Countermeasures to Waste
- Comprehensive, Hands-on Kaizen Simulation that transforms a process from a Traditional Batch and Queue to Single Piece Flow using Continuous Improvement Tools
- The GBMP Approach to CI Implementation
Faculty: Dan Fleming, Continuous Improvement Manager, GBMP, Inc.
When: Wednesday, November 6, 2013
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Where: MHA Conference Center at Executive Park, Burlington, MA
Cost: $299 MHA Member Rate, $499 Non-Member Rate
This is a GBMP partner event.
Please visit the Massachusetts Hospital Association website to read more & register.